Monday, January 8, 2018

Weekend Recap - Birthday Edition

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend. I thought that I'd do a little recap of my weekend since my birthday was on Friday. I still can't believe that I am 27 years old, but I'm feeling so grateful to have been able to celebrate another year. This year, I decided to celebrate my birthday for the entire weekend...and I'm so glad that I did.


Thursday

I received an early birthday gift from my Mami to go to the hair salon. While the boys were at school and John was at work, I decided to get my hair and eyebrows done. There were a couple of new hair stylists at the salon that were just so kind. I had the funniest conversation with two of the hairstylists. One of the women asked me if I was pregnant and I told her yes. She was so shocked and told me that I look little too young to have a baby. I told her I was turning 27 the next day and both of the hairstylists were so surprised. Apparently, they both thought that I was supposed to be in school. They said that when I walked into the salon, they actually looked around to see if my mother was nearby! I totally took it as a compliment because I have to admit...I was dreading turning 27. After I left the salon, I went to Cinnabon to get my free iced coffee and some Cinnastix. I didn't finish my coffee since I guess being pregnant is making me not like coffee.


Friday

My birthday was actually on Friday. I had a dentist appointment in the morning. Yea I know, I'm crazy for even setting an appointment on my birthday. When I made the appointment, I had completely forgotten about my birthday. Anyways, the appointment went well even though I hate going to the dentist. After the appointment, I went to Hobby Lobby, but didn't get anything. John and I spent some time together and got some lunch at the mall. After lunch, I took a nap before the boys came home from school. Then I went to the boys' school since I had a meeting with Michael's teachers. The meeting went well and I am so excited to share that Michael is doing so well in school. Once I got home, we all relaxed for a bit before going to my Mami's house to celebrate my birthday.


Saturday

A few weeks ago, I registered to go to a Babies R Us registry event. I loved that the event was at 10 AM. I was so excited to check out the new baby gear like travel systems, swings, entertainers, etc. I really wanted to learn more about travel systems and was clueless when it came to picking out the perfect stroller for our lifestyle. I knew that I wanted to get a stroller that I could use for jogging, but also for running errands and going out with my family. One of the registry consultants showed me a couple of strollers and helped me find the perfect stroller. At the event, we all received a baby registry gift bag (so now I have two) and we also received a box of goodies that had products specifically for expecting parents. After the event, we grabbed lunch at Chick-fil-A and then went home to relax. Then we went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. We loved the movie and John thinks that it may just be the best movie in the franchise. Later that night, we went to my Mami's house again.


Sunday

I consider Sunday to be my recovery day. After several days of celebrating my birthday, I was a bit exhausted. I got a few loads of laundry done and read some blog posts. I also worked on a couple of blog posts for the week. I also started reading My Friend Fear by Meera Lee Patel and can't wait to share a review of the book soon.

Overall, I had a fantastic weekend and a wonderful birthday. I would like to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I felt so loved and loved reading all of the little messages that I received.

How was your weekend?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

11 comments

  1. Happy Birthday!! I had no idea you were turning 27 - I'm 27 too, but I turn 28 in May. Don't worry, many people think I'm still in school. I work at a community college so people tend to think I'm a student. LOL The Babies R Us event sounds like a goodie - I'm glad you found the perfect stroller. That's great you all enjoyed your movie too. I saw The Greatest Showman on Saturday with my mom and we both LOVED it.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have guessed 27either! You look amazing! We did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. And it was glorious! :) My youngest had a friend stay over so that was fun. One 8 year old boy is all I can handle. Two was a little scary LOL . Sunday was spend getting groceries and cleaning while my husband and boys played video games. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like you did lots of fun things to celebrate! I am all about pampering and treating yourself!
    Beth
    Coffee Until Cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful birthday -- sounds like it was a fun, action-packed day (and weekend!). LOLOL at the hairdresser looking for your mom. OMG, that's hilarious. And YES! Take it as a compliment! I used to feel that way when I'd get carded buying wine :) Like LOOK TO SEE HOW OLD I AM!!

    Anyway, hope you have a great week ahead, and so glad to hear that your son is doing so well in school :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte. I had such a wonderful birthday. I laughed so hard when she asked me about my mother.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like an amazing birthday weekend!
    Birthday pampering is the best! I think vouchers to salons and spas are such awesome gifts and so enjoyable to use.
    You are very brave to schedule a dentist appointment on your birthday but glad it went well. I need to go sometime and I'm putting it off!
    My weekend was relaxing - went for a nice drive and had a braai on Saturday evening which we enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm so glad that you had a great weekend.

      Delete