Monday, January 1, 2018

My One Little Word for 2018 + 2018 Goals

Happy New Year! I love starting a new year. I absolutely love the idea of a fresh start and making new goals. I always set goals and not resolutions because I think you have a higher chance of actually achieving it. I think the difference between goals and resolutions is that a plan is usually involved when setting goals. When making resolutions, I've noticed that most people just state what they don't want to do without making a plan on how to actually accomplish it.


My one little word for 2018 is GROW.

This word is going to work in so many different areas of my life. There are so many things that I want to do and hope to accomplish in 2018. Some of my goals for the new year are:

Grow as a writer
I have been saying for months now that I want to share more of my personal writings and essays on the blog, but I haven't really had the chance to do that. Well that is going to change this year. I also hope to be a contributor for several different blogs and magazines like Huffington Post and Holl & Lane magazine. In order to grow as a writer, I plan to write more in my Moleskine journal (it's actually a Moleskine sketchbook). I will be setting 15-30 minutes to write everyday in my journal. I plan to use my new planner to schedule blog posts and goals related to writing.

Grow as a creative
I want to get out of my comfort zone and work on projects that normally I wouldn't even try. I want to work on and improve my creative skills. I want my creative business to grow. I want to make new cards, scrapbook layouts, and make my own embellishments. I want to continue to work on art and try new techniques and mediums.

Grow as a person
I want to work on my self care and make sure that I take time for myself. I want to spend more time outdoors and exercise more. I want to start running and plan to continue to go on the Silver Comet Trail. I want to read more and actually reach my reading goal this year. As I stated before, I want to get out of my comfort zone. I can be very picky when it comes to food so I would love to try new recipes and go to a few different restaurants. I want to explore my city and state. I want to learn more about my city's history and culture. Exploring my city and state will help me see things in a different perspective and help me grow as a person.

I can't wait to see the changes and experiences that this word will bring for me in 2018. Honestly, I'm a little afraid, but so excited. Here's to a new year!

What is your one little word for 2018? What do you hope to accomplish this year?

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

8 comments

  1. Grow is a great word for the year and I love your goals to go along with it! Hope you have a wonderful 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a great year as well.

      Delete
  2. A lot of what you have under Grow as a Person relates to my word this year, Adventure! I hope you have a wonderful 2018 and I LOVE your word for the year.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the word that you chose! Here's to 2018! I hope you have a great year!

      Delete
  3. I love this word you have chosen and am a goal setter as well. Resolutions tend to scare people because it's such a big undertaking. I wish you all the best in then new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grow is a wonderful word! You are growing your family and growing yourself as a person! It's very appropriate! I hope it is a great year Emily!
    Beth
    Coffee Until Cocktails (formerly Beth Next Door)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! I hope you have an amazing year!

      Delete