Monday, November 20, 2017

First Trimester Recap

In just a few days, I will be 16 weeks pregnant and I am so happy that I am now in my second trimester! I am so excited to finally share a recap of my first trimester.

*The picture isn't so great, but I thought I'd share a first "baby bump" photo. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant in this photo.*

How we found out: I remember I took a test a few days before I expected my period and the test was negative. I decided to try again on the actual day that I should have gotten it and was surprised to see a faint line. I immediately called John and asked him what he thought. He immediately said "That's a line! We're pregnant!" I was a bit shocked so I told him I was going back to the grocery store to buy another test. When I came home, I took the test and it was positive!

Symptoms: The first week I felt completely fine...actually I felt very energized and was exercising a lot. I started to feel sick and exhausted the next week. It was so weird to go from being energized to being so sleepy and nauseous. I also had a bit of heartburn.

We did have a bit of a scare when I was around 8 weeks pregnant. I had a cold, but my entire body was in pain to the point that it kind of hurt to move so we decided to go to the hospital. When I got to the hospital, they checked to see if I had the flu and I asked if they could check to see if the baby was ok. Thank goodness the baby was doing just fine. We got to hear the baby's heart beat and I didn't have the flu. Apparently, I had a really bad cold and I was dehydrated even though I had been drinking a lot of water.

Cravings: In the beginning, I wasn't really craving anything since I've been dealing with morning sickness. Drinking water even made me feel sick.

I've been eating a lot of fruit...mainly pineapple and strawberries. Luckily, the morning sickness is starting to get better. I haven't had any soda in a long time which is great.

How we announced our pregnancy: We waited a few days before telling my mother. Then I told one of my close friends. We decided to wait to tell everyone else until a few weeks after having our first ultrasound (we waited until I was 12 weeks pregnant).

And that's my first trimester recap. I plan on sharing a recap for my second and third trimester as well.

Thanks for visiting!

Until next time...

12 comments

  1. I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better and are enjoying some of that 2nd trimester energy! That's scary about what happened at 8 weeks but I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. I hope things are smooth sailing from here on out. You look great!
    Beth
    The Beth Next Door

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth. It was very scary, but I am so glad that everything turned out ok.

      Delete
  2. Awww you look incredible, momma!! I’m so sorry to hear that you have been feeling sick and hope you are taking good care of yourself. Love your hubby’s enthusiasm upon hearing the news <3 mazel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the morning sickness is starting to get better! And that's great that you didn't have the flu and the baby was okay. Any sort of sickness can just get you down.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing up the first trimester and I wish you a very happy and healthy second trimester! My first trimester involved a great deal of vomiting, so I was very glad when that calmed down around 16 weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The morning sickness is starting to go away.

      Delete
  5. Congrats mama! The first trimester can be hard but it's so worth it.

    ReplyDelete